If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing/using this website.
Personal information we collect:
At The Alkemistry we automatically collect certain personal information about you in order to provide you with the best service and a personalised shopping experience. We gather this information about you when you engage with us and use our Services, including, but not limited to, when you purchase products using our sites, register or complete forms on our sites and interact in any social media functions or digital marketing.
The Information that we collect from you includes, but is not limited to:
• Personal information such as your name, date of birth and gender.
• Contact information such as email address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, financial information such as credit/debit card numbers and payment information. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
• Your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
• If you contact us by telephone or email we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also collect some information automatically including, but not limited to:
• Information related to your web browser, certain information about your device or operating system that you use to access our Services, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
• Your IP address, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, information on actions taken on our services including, but not limited to, pages and products viewed, dates and times of visits, time spent on each page and products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased, and any other information about how you interact with the Site.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you visit the Services we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie” or similar technologies) on your device. “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
How to manage and remove cookies:
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers also tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to delete old cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Opt out of cookies:
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please visit: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ for opt-out page where you can learn more about NAI members who deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them.
Your rights to opt out:
How we use this information:
We process your personal data including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
• To personalise our products and services for you.
• To process and fulfil your order and to provide products and services you have requested.
• To communicate with you and to provide customer service care, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
• Sending you information about changes to our Terms or Policies.
• Verifying your identity.
• To prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law (in particular, your IP address.)
Where and when you give us your consent, we will use your personal data:
• For direct marketing to send you e-newsletters and other promotional material about our services and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you.
• To place cookies and use similar tracking technologies (as set out in the “Cookies” section and the information provided to you when those technologies are used) to personalise content and advertising for you and to allow our content to function better.
• On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
• More generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
In addition to the essential cookies, we also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Website. This is done through the third-party Google Analytics (Google Inc.) which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”).
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information on Google's partner site's and each party that receives end users’ personal data as a consequence of using a Google product go to: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to opt-out at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
With your consent (where required), we share your personal data with trusted third parties we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, handling payments, hosting services, database maintenance, delivery of your order and conducting analytics.
In all cases, the third party is acting on The Alkemistry’s express instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Links to Other Websites:
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Without your consent, we share your personal data:
• With third party platforms such as Facebook or Google to send you targeted advertisements.
• We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
• If we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets.
Retaining your data:
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract we will keep the data unless you ask for it to be removed.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track:
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you please get in contact via email@example.com, calling +44 (0) 7391 114535 or writing to us at
The Alkemistry, 22 Floral St, London WC2E 9DS.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the personal data we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data that we collect and store.
Changes to this privacy notice:
From time to time, we may update this notice. We will notify you about any upcoming material changes by either sending you an email to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our Services. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this notice so that you know what personal data we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
How you can get in touch:
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any concerns about how we process your data or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling +44 (0) 7391 114535 or writing to us at The Alkemistry 22 Floral St, London WC2E 9DS, United Kingdom.
Updated: March 23rd 2023