If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing/using this website.
What information we collect
At The Alkemistry we collect personal information about you in order to provide you with the best service and a personalised shopping experience. We gather this information about you when you engage with us and use our Services, including, but not limited to, when you purchase products using our sites, register or complete forms on our sites and interact in any social media functions or digital marketing.
The Information that we collect from you includes, but is not limited to:
• personal information such as your name, date of birth and gender.
• contact information such as email address, postal address and telephone number.
• financial information such as credit/debit card numbers.
• your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
• if you contact us by telephone, email or live chat we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also collect some information automatically including, but not limited to:
• information related to the browser, device or operating system that you use to access our Services.
• your IP address, the website you came from, information on actions taken on our services including, but not limited to, pages viewed, dates and times of visits, time spent on each page and products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased.
How we use this information
We process your personal data including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
• to personalise our products and services for you.
• to process and fulfil your order and to provide products and services you have requested.
• to provide customer service care.
• sending you information about changes to our terms or policies.
• verifying your identity.
• to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
Where and when you give us your consent, we will use your personal data:
• for direct marketing to send you e-newsletters and other promotional material about our services and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you.
• to place cookies and use similar tracking technologies (as set out in the “Cookies” section and the information provided to you when those technologies are used) to personalise content and advertising for you and to allow our content to function better.
• on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to opt-out at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com
Who we share this data with
With your consent (where required), we share your personal data with trusted third parties we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, handling payments, hosting services, database maintenance, delivery of your order and conducting analytics.
In all cases, the third party is acting on The Alkemistry’s express instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security.
Without your consent, we share your personal data:
• with third party platforms such as Facebook or Google to send you targeted advertisements.
• in response to legal process, for example, a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request.
• if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets.
Retaining your data
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract we will keep the data unless you ask for it to be removed.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you please get in contact via email@example.com, calling +44 (0) 7391 114535 or writing to us at The Alkemistry, 3.10 Chester House, 1-3 Brixton Road, London, SW9 6DE.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the personal data we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data that we collect and store.
When you visit the Services we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie” or similar technologies) on your device. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
How to manage and remove cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers also tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to delete old cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Opt out of cookies
Please visit: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ for opt-out page where you can learn more about NAI members who deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them.
Your rights to opt out:
How you can get in touch
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org calling +44 (0) 7391 114535 or writing to us The Alkemistry, 1.08 Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London, SW9 6DE.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time, we may update this notice. We will notify you about any upcoming material changes by either sending you an email to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our Services. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this notice so that you know what personal data we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
In addition to the essential cookies, we also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Website. This is done through the third-party Google Analytics (Google Inc.) which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”).